• Makes: 500 ml
• Soaking time: 50 minutes
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
• 1⁄2 cup raw organic whole brown unpolished rice
• 1 cup soy full fat milk , 10 cashew, 10almonds, soaked for 8 hours
• 5-6 unseeded medium Medjool dates
• 3 cups water, as needed
• 1⁄4 tsp green cardamom (elaichi) powder
• 8-10 almonds and cashew slivere
Cook the rice with double the amount of water in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle and 10 minutes on simmer. Add 1 cup of Soy milk with almonds-cashews and 6 Medjool dates into a smooth paste with 2 cups water.
In a heavy bottomed deep pan, add the paste and rice and mix well. Add remaining water and boil to a liquid form. Add cardamom powder. Cook for about five minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with slivered almonds.
I hope you try to find what this recipe has to offer. And enjoy it with your neighbors and close family members.